I have thought about it, and decided that I want a FIT and BHT surgery. I am not responding that well to Propecia and Dutasteride so I have decided to go for the surgery. I am not planning to have a HT right away, but maybe in 2-4 years. I have looked at the web site and kind of know what to expect with what kind of transplant. However, I have a few questions before I even start waiting for my surgery.
1. I am 22 years old and have a Norwood between 2.5 and 3. Please don't call me greedy right now. I would like to restore my 19 year old hairline back which is somewhere between Norwood 1 and 1.5. I know that the younger the patient is the more demanding he will be, and I am one of them:) But I have patience, I have time, and I am willing to discuss with the doctor to find out what can be done, and what I have to do in order to get these kinds of results. I am NOT planning to do that in one session, rather I am planning to have many HT sessions over the course of the next 10 years.
2. In my transplant I am planning to have a coverage between 55 - 65 FU's per cm^2. Also I am planning to use more than 75% of all FU from my body, especially from my forearms and legs, since I have enough donor hair on them to cover a whole soccer Team
3. How much will it cost? How many Grafts would I need, if I was going to have a HT right now?
4. I understand that a BHT takes about a year to grow, and I also know that it grows longer, but will it also grow thicker?
5. Here are a few photos of my hair line and my guess is that I would need about 1000 to 1500 Grafts to make my hairline look alright. But its just a guess. Please take a look at it and let me know, what I can expect and what I cannot. Let me know what you think.
So professionals, take a look and tell me what you think,